Connect with us

Politics

Migrant children in Biden’s overcrowded border facilities not being COVID-tested, and can’t social distance

Published

on

They test the children before they are transferred to other federal agencies instead

The Biden admin isn’t testing kids in Customs and Border Protection facilities for the coronavirus as tens of thousands remain in government custody after the migrant surge on the southern border — even as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention acknowledges “an increased risk for COVID-19 outbreaks” in these conditions.

This information came forward after the release of photographs of one facility in Donna, Texas, one that’s being used to process unattended children who came across the border ‒ showing dozens of children being held with no room to socially distance.

As vaccine access grows and case numbers decrease, many of Americans are still subject to social distancing and other rules that limit businesses’ ability to operate at full capacity. Children who can go to school in-person are seeing their learning experiences changed drastically, with three-foot social distancing guidelines, masks, and often no playground equipment.

On Friday during a news call, an admin official said that when children arrive at CBP facilities they aren’t immediately tested for COVID. About 10% of children eventually do test positive for the virus, according to data collected from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

“We are not performing testing inside Border Patrol facilities,” an administration official said. They are only being tested when t hey are “transferred” to other intake facilities run by departments like HHS and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the official said.

Rep. Van Taylor, R-Texas, who visited the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas, said the children there are packed in much tighter than the Biden administration’s health guidelines.

“They’re not socially distanced. They’re sleeping head to foot,” Taylor said.

That same location saw four teens exit without any authorization, according to FOX 4, before later being found and brought back to the center.

Testing before children are brought to HHS facilities is also not necessarily a safer route since the coronavirus can take days to incubate before it is detectable in tests, so it is possible that children could catch the virus at a CBP facility then spread it at an HHS facility.

An HHS spokesperson said last week that they were anticipating the positivity rate and they are taking precautions.

“Site staff are COVID-19 vaccinated, thoroughly trained on CDC protocols for donning and doffing PPE, and required to wear fit-tested masks and other CDC-recommended PPE at all times,” the spokesperson claimed.

Biden officials like Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, have declared that it is their goal to have children in border patrol facilities for as little time as possible. President Biden himself last week said “no child, no one should be in [CBP facilities[ any longer than seventy-two hours.” Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, however, said on CBS’ “Face The Nation” Sunday that at times children are being held by CBP for more than seventy-two hours.

An administration official said Friday that minors are being tested every three days at the secondary facilities they are placed in after being taken from CBP locations for surveillance purposes.

During the Trump administration, overcrowding at border facilities with children were the source of a huge outrage. Cuellar’s said that what is happening on the border now is still a major crisis.

“More has to be done to address this growing humanitarian crisis,” he tweeted last week. “These migrant children need our help right now. Not later.”

All unattended children encountered by law enforcement on the southern border are required to be taken in by the government. But a large majority of adults are being removed from the country when they are found by law enforcement.

Most families found during February were allowed to stay in the U.S. pending a decision on whether they would be forced to leave. This was contrary to January, when the majority were removed from the U.S. under a Trump-era health order known as Title 42, which is meant to remove people who may pose a coronavirus health risk out of the country.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Survey shows majority of Americans reject Build Back Better: More think Biden’s infrastructure spending bill will hurt them more than help them

Published

on

In a total inversion of what Democrats had expected, Americans have dismissed the expensive framework bill with gigantic social projects incorporated into it. Another survey shows that more Americans repel the Democrats’ $1.75 trillion spending proposition than welcome it.

As indicated by another ABC News/Ipsos survey delivered on Sunday, public help for President Joe Biden’s bills to expand spending on framework and social projects has blurred.

The overview tracked down that 32% of Americans feel that the spending bills would hurt individuals like them if they became law, while 25% said they accept the bills would help them. Close to 66% (64%) of Republicans figure the bills would hurt individuals like them, and 29% of free thinkers feel something very similar. In spite of being the significant system of Biden’s administration, less than half of Democrats (47%) accept the two bills would help them.

A CBS News survey from recently tracked down that 36% of respondents said it would help them and their family versus 33% who said it would hurt their friends and family. The overview additionally said that 79% of review members said that expansion was brought about by supply and assembling issues after the pandemic and 66% said it was brought about by U.S. government strategy. “And when asked about potential causes of inflation right now, two-thirds cited U.S. government policy,” the outlet stated.

The poll showed that just 37% of Americans thought that Biden and the Democrats were centered around issues they care very much about.

This sad survey for Biden and the Democrats shows up on that very days as a NBC News review that shows the president at unsurpassed lows. The NBC News surveys found that Biden was submerged interestingly of his administration – 42% endorsement rating versus 54% who object.

The survey likewise showed that 71% said the nation is “off on the wrong track” – including 48% of Democrats.

“When you see a wrong track of 71%, it is a flashing red light,” Republican pollster Bill McInturff of Public Opinion Strategies said. “These folks are telling us that this is not going well.”

That is a huge increment from one more survey in September that said 61% of Americans felt like the country has “pretty seriously gotten off on the wrong track.”

Continue Reading

Politics

President Biden says the Pope advised him to continue to take communion and considered him a ‘good Catholic’

Published

on

President Joe Biden said that Pope Francis let him know he was a “good Catholic” and said he could keep on taking communion regardless of the complaints of numerous U.S. bishops.

Biden made the case after a private gathering with the pontiff at the Vatican on Friday.

“We just talked about the fact he was happy that I was a good Catholic and I should keep receiving Communion,” Biden said about the gathering.

He added that the topic of abortion didn’t come up in the gathering.

An assertion from the White House showed that Biden said thanks to the Pope for pushing for an “equitable global economic recovery” and for battling global warming.

“Biden thanked His Holiness for his advocacy for the world’s poor and those suffering from hunger, conflict, and persecution,” the assertion added.

The Vatican didn’t affirm Biden’s case in their official statement about their gathering.

Biden’s claim will probably disappoint and outrage many conservative Catholics in the U.S. who have called for communion to be declined to politicians who stand behind abortion, which is in opposition to Catholic church teaching.

The issue will be taken up by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops following upon a vote during their June plenary meeting to address it generally. After Biden met with the Pope, they delivered an assertion saying that they would not single out a particular legislator if they vote to say something about the issue.

The Pope had recently reacted to the contention by approaching the diocesans to try not to politicize the congregation’s most elevated holy observance, which would transform it into a “source of discord rather than unity within the episcopate and the larger church in the United States.”

Here’s additional info on the gathering between the Pope and Biden:

Continue Reading

Politics

Gold Star father tears into Biden over supposed arrangement to give large installments to illegal migrant families

Published

on

Gold Star father David Horton slammed President Joe Biden in a meeting Sunday, scrutinizing the Biden organization’s accounted for plan to convey huge financial installments to some migrant families.

The Wall Street Journal announced last week about the arrangement to pay migrant families affected by previous President Donald Trump’s zero-tolerance illegal immigration policies.

The Biden administration is in talks to offer immigrant families that were separated during the Trump administration around $450,000 a person in compensation, according to people familiar with the matter, as several agencies work to resolve lawsuits filed on behalf of parents and children who say the government subjected them to lasting psychological trauma.

The U.S. Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services are considering payments that could amount to close to $1 million a family, though the final numbers could shift, the people familiar with the matter said. Most of the families that crossed the border illegally from Mexico to seek asylum in the U.S. included one parent and one child, the people said. Many families would likely get smaller payouts, depending on their circumstances, the people said.

Among the issues pundits have raised with the arrangement, the greatest is that non-citizens remain to get additional cash from the U.S. government than gold star families if the arrangement becomes reality.

As of now, the U.S. government pays the group of fallen assistance individuals $100,000 in “death gratuity”; the installments are tax excluded. The families of service members additionally have the choice to gather a limit of $400,000 in extra security, however administration individuals need to pay into the protection intend to accept its advantages.

Speaking on “Fox and Friends,” Horton — whose son, Army Spc. Christopher Horton, was killed in Afghanistan in 2011 — proclaimed the Biden administration’s arrangement “an insult” and clarified it disrespects military families.

“I think it’s another — yet another insult … against our military families and Gold Star families and veterans’ families,” Horton said. “It’s just another another slap in the face. It’s completely disrespectful.”

“To compare an illegal person who has broken our country’s border laws … they’ve broken the law coming in on our borders and to compare that with someone, a patriot like my son, who gave his all on the battlefield of Afghanistan, and to just say, ‘Oh well, the value is more for someone who has broken our laws’ … and now to say, ‘Oh, we owe you money — and it’s more money than we would pay a patriot — I am outraged,” Horton said.

“You just wonder, where is the outcry against some of these policies that are just there? Unbelievable to me,” Horton added.

Continue Reading

Advertisment:

Advertisment:

Trending