Connect with us

Politics

Durham is taking his time to probe origins of Russia investigation, as Trump vents annoyance

Published

on

Special counsel’s investigation on Russia probe has been ‘radio silent,’ sources reported

Special Counsel John Durham’s probe into the origins of the Russia investigation is currently ongoing, but critics, which includes former President Trump, have all expressed frustration with his timeline and are questioning whether he’ll bring forward other charges.

This past weekend, Trump made a statement that seemed to mock the special counsel, and questioned when the ongoing two-year investigation will have any new information.

“Where’s Durham? Is he a living, breathing human being?” Trump asked. “Will there ever be a Durham report?”

One source knowledgeable with Durham’s ongoing investigation told Fox News on Monday that Durham’s probe has been quiet, with another claiming it was radio silent.

“It’s dead quiet,” yet even another source stated, but added that they are “sure it is ongoing.”

“He is not the kind of guy to be idle,” the source had told Fox News. “He is a very diligent, hardworking, serious guy.”

“He wouldn’t stay in that job a minute longer than he has to,” the source added.

Durham’s investigation has only one criminal charge so far, against former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith. He was accused of altering an email involving the surveillance of former Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

That prosecution did not bring forward a larger conspiracy within the FBI, and the conduct it involved had broadly been laid out in a Justice Department inspector general report from last December.

In August, Clinesmith pleaded guilty to making an untrue statement to Durham’s team.

The offense was supposed to be a maximum of five years imprisonment and a fine of up to $250,000.

Clinesmith was sentenced to only twelve months probation and four-hundred hours of community service, and no fine.

The Justice Department relied on Clinesmith’s assertion as it submitted a third and final renewal application in 2017 to monitor Page under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Durham’s investigation began in May 2019, shortly after special counsel Robert Mueller completed his yearslong investigation into whether the Trump campaign conspired with the Russians to influence the 2016 presidential election.

Mueller’s investigation yielded no evidence of criminal conspiracy or coordination between the Trump campaign and Russian officials in the months ahead the 2016 election.

Trump and his advocates have accused FBI and CIA officials of improper conduct during Mueller’s investigation. Fox News first reported last month that Durham has been mostly focused on the activities of the FBI, but that the prosecution of high-level FBI officials, like former Director James Comey, is not likely.

Sources told Fox News that Durham finished the CIA portion of his investigation last year. Last month, sources told Fox News that Durham had been following “new and credible leads” through the end of the Trump administration, though it is not clear, at this point, what those lines of inquiry include. A spokesperson for the special counsel told Fox News at the time that they had “no comment from Mr. Durham.”

In December, Durham added new prosecutors to his team. After former Attorney General William Barr appointed him in October as special counsel to ensure he could follow through with his investigation during the Biden administration.

In the scope order, obtained by Fox News, Barr stated that Durham “is authorized to investigate whether any federal official, employee, or any other person or entity violated the law in connection with the intelligence, counter-intelligence, or law-enforcement activities directed at the 2016 presidential campaigns, individuals associated with those campaigns, and individuals associated with the administration of President Donald J. Trump, including but not limited to Crossfire Hurricane and the investigation of Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller, III.”

Under U.S. code, the special counsel would produce a “confidential report” and is ordered to “submit to the Attorney General a final report, and such interim reports as he deems appropriate in a form that will permit public dissemination.”

Durham resigned from his post as U.S. attorney for Connecticut last month, after Biden administration officials asked Trump-appointed U.S. attorneys to leave their posts. Durham, though, is staying on as special counsel.

And Biden Justice Department officials, like Attorney General Merrick Garland and Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco, have both signaled their support for Durham to continue his probe.
“Mr. Durham has been allowed to stay on, and I have no reason to think that’s wrong,” Monaco said. “As deputy attorney general, it will be my job to make sure he has the resources and I will be committed to doing that.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Mike Pompeo: At UN, Biden shows weakness on the world stage yet again

Published

on

President Biden’s comments Tuesday to the U.N. General Assembly bombed.

Why? Because yet again, Biden shows weakness. He continues to push our allies away and cozies up to the enemy.

Biden said during his comments, “We’re opening a new era of relentless diplomacy, of using the power of our development aid to invest in new ways of lifting people up around the world.” And while we should value diplomacy, a strong America is what will enable that diplomacy, and not the promise of American tax dollars.

A solid, America first policy that stopped years of unloading billions of U.S. dollars in an attempt to purchase peace and cooperation saw positive results around the globe during the Trump administration in managing foes and having better relations with our allies in having them step up as partners sharing in those unions.

American strength is what will discourage war; weakness and the possible cash payouts for our enemies as we did with Iran, only welcomes attacks.

Biden talked as if he were living in an alternate world. He tried to specify America’s ability to reenter the JCPOA, while simultaneously offering sayings about keeping Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.

He was mainly centered on climate change, while disregarding a significant number of pressing security and diplomatic difficulties the United States and our allies face.

Most importantly, he neglected to call out China.

President Biden affirmed that “those who commit acts of terror against will continue to find a determined enemy in the United States.” But the measures of his administration say differently. He pulled American troops out of Afghanistan unconditionally, granting the Taliban free rule over not only Afghanistan and its people, but also over the numerous American civilians still abandoned here.

In permitting the country to tumble to the Taliban without imposing any costs, the Biden administration ensured a resurgence of al Qaeda and ISIS. And what has the Biden administration done in retort to the awful act of terror which took 13 U.S. service members lives?

They executed a drone strike which killed only regular people, including seven kids. This administration’s carefree choices in Afghanistan do not add up to their being a determined enemy of terror.

Rather than stand up to our foes and present the world with strong American initiative considering the myriad challenges we come up against, President Biden chose instead to focus mainly on climate change.

Regarding Iran, President Biden pressed once again to reinvigorate the bombed Iran nuclear deal. His administration appears intent on repeating the errors of the Obama administration – Iran was never in compliance with the JCPOA and will stop at nothing to acquire nuclear weapons so that its malign, radical Islamic regime can unleash further devastation and destruction throughout the Middle East.

He didn’t address his organization’s disappointments in Afghanistan.

Giving them a pathway to the advancement of those atomic weapons ought to never be a need of the United States. That is the reason the Trump organization executed its most extreme strain crusade against Iran – you don’t help your adversaries, you deny them.

Yet rather than face our adversaries and present the world with solid American administration considering the heap difficulties we face, President Biden picked rather to zero in essentially on environmental change.

He guaranteed that the world is confronted with a “borderless environment emergency” (a helpless selection of words, considering the main borderless emergency the United States faces is the movement emergency playing out right now on our own southern boundary).

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, putting environment first places America last. President Biden wishes to subordinate large numbers of America’s most squeezing difficulties to environmental change, putting American security in danger and taking steps to crush our economy while forcing no expenses on our enemies, specifically China, whose pioneers care minimal with regards to the environment pandering of internationalist elites.

Which carries us to China. Maybe the best danger the United States faces at this moment, and unquestionably in the course of our life, is the People’s Republic of China, driven by the dictator rule of the Chinese Communist Party.

To say that the U.S. is “not seeing another Cold War,” is a unimaginably feeble assertion to make before the world’s chiefs.

China obviously considers itself to be our enemy and wishes to uproot us. They have seized on the shortcoming of the Biden organization by adjusting tyrants and despots against the remainder of the world.

Beijing has made suggestions to Iran and to the Taliban in Afghanistan. They menace and compromise their neighbors, and they trap underdeveloped nations in profound obligation with broken vows to attempt huge foundation projects. What’s more, they permitted the spread of the Covid all throughout the planet without risk of punishment.

This isn’t to say we shouldn’t work with China where conceivable, however viable American strategy essentially depends on American strength and believability. Tragically, this organization appears to really focus minimal on by the same token.

President Biden was right in saying the world sits at a crucial point in time and that the world requirements solid American administration.

Continue Reading

Politics

Abbott says Biden administration has to ‘up their game, big time’ as Texas struggles with migrant flood

Published

on

There have been around 200,000 migrant encounters in July and August

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday approached the Biden administration to “up their game, big time” as Texas battles to adapt with a historic migrant emergency– like a new flood of Haitian migrants in Del Rio.

“The only thing they’ve shown is an incapability of dealing with this crisis, candidly in a way where they pretend it doesn’t even exist,” the Republican governor said at a press conference. “And we’re here to tell you, it exists and it’s total chaos and the Biden administration- they need to up their game, big time.”

Abbott was addressing to reporters about the actions Texas is taking to stand up against the influx of illegal immigration flooding through the U.S. border. There have been around 200,000 migrant encounters in both July and August as part of a ongoing migrant wave.

The Biden administration has accused “root causes” like poverty and violence in Central America, as well as the Trump administration for closing down legal refuge pathways. Republicans have faulted the administration for removing Trump-era policies like the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) and for restoring “catch-and-release.”

Last week, a flood of mostly Haitian migrants hit the bridge in Del Rio, with more than 14,000 under the extension at one point last week. DHS has reacted by increasing resources and more deportation flights.

“When you have an administration that has abandoned any pretense of securing the border and security our sovereignty, you see the onrush,” he said.

Abbott has tried to take the issues into his own hands, and earlier this year declared a project to build a wall at Texas’ southern border, and has also established Operation Lonestar — which includes the sending of law enforcement to the border to capture those entering illegally.

“If they’re thinking about coming and crossing this river here in Texas, you may end up with handcuffs on your hands and going straight to jail rather than being released into the general population,” he said.

Abbott also said, in the midst of changing migrant strategies, Texas would be trying to change its strategy as needed.

“We will continue moving law enforcement and National Guard officials to whatever location where people may be trying to cross the border and use the same strategy to try and reduce the influx, unprecedented, of people coming across the border,” he said.

Continue Reading

Politics

Texas Steel Wall of Cars Blocks Migrants at Border

Published

on

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has taken “unprecedented” measures to deter thousands of migrants from crossing into the state by parking Texas National Guard and Texas Department of Public Safety vehicles along the U.S.-Mexico border near the Del Rio International Bridge.

“We put hundreds of Texas Department of Public Safety cars and created a steel wall — a steel wall of DPS vehicles — that prevented anybody from crossing that dam that you’ve seen people walk across,” Abbott told Fox News Tuesday. “We effectively … regained control of the border.”

Thousands of migrants are living in makeshift huts and sleeping in the dirt under the bridge, waiting for their turn to be processed by U.S. immigration authorities. Abbott has blamed President Joe Biden for the situation, saying the federal government is not doing enough to secure the country’s southern border. 

“When you have an administration that is not enforcing the law in this country, when you have an administration that has abandoned any pretense of securing the border and securing our sovereignty, you see the onrush of people like what we saw walking across this dam that is right behind me,” Abbott said at a news conference in Val Verde County.

Government officials started parking their cars along the border last week. 

“The Texas Department of Public Safety is in full force along the border around the Del Rio area. They have built a barricade with their squad cars and State Troopers. The National Guard is working with them to secure the border,” Abbott tweeted.

He added in a statement that “one day there were countless people coming across the border, then the DPS put up all these vehicles, and suddenly, in an instant, people stopped crossing the border in this location. That strategy is working.”

Texas will spend an additional $2 billion on security for the border.

“It has been the state of Texas that has had to step up,” Abbott said. “Failure to enforce laws that exist in the United States leads to chaos and chaos leads to inhumanity.”

Continue Reading

Advertisment:

Advertisment:

Trending